11 May 2007

My Mother's Daughter


In almost every possible way, I am my mother.

People come up to me at random to ask if I really am who I just could be.

I look like her, sound like her, walk like her.
I'm not her, but I'm rather glad it seems I am.

Growing up, I wanted to be my mother. Now I see she's not just a superhero with a far better fashion sense than the people at marvel, but a person who managed to convince me that things would always be alright because she was that good at it.

Am I going to end up doing the same things, making the same mistakes and revelling in the same right choices?
It's a little unnerving at times.

I love my mom.

I couldn't find glue, so I mad her her card with ribbons and thread. (Yep, if ever you get something from me made with a needle and thread I really do love you that much.)
Thought she might miss ugly hand made cards.

Happy Mother's Day :)

No comments: